Calendar for Meetings
Information below displays future PEP meetings and special events.
- Board of Directors Meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of
- General Session Meetings are held approximately once per quarter.
Students in an approved collegiate program, who are interested in attending a PEP general session, are welcome at no charge. Students who would like additional information should contact a Board member.
Personal Cybersecurity presented by Steven Collins, MSIA, CISSP, CISA, CISM, Assistant Director of Information Security and CISO at The University of Kansas Health System
Date: Wednesday, May 22
Registration/Networking: 8 - 8:30 a.m.
Program: 8:45 - 10 a.m.
Location: American Century - 4520 Main St. Kansas City, MO 64111
- Personal/Home IT security - personal/home network
- Security vulnerabilities using Smart home devices like Nest and Ring, Alexa, and Google
- Cloud security, mobile security
- Social media, education tips etc.
Steven Collins is the assistant director of Information Security and Chief Information Security Officer for The University of Kansas Health System. He spends his days partnering with teams around the organization to ensure that patients’ data receives the highest standard of care. He was previously responsible for overseeing security at laboratories, heath care systems around the country and a telecommunications company. He understands what personal data is worth in today’s world and works to ensure it is not misused or abused.
Event Sponsor: Servpro of Olathe/Lenexa, Blue Valley, Greater Shawnee/Merriam and KC Midtown / Ken Lutgen, marketing manager.
Click on the image below for more details and to register.