PEP (Partnership for Emergency Planning)
PEP was founded in 1989 as a non-profit organization in the metropolitan Kansas City area and dedicated to emergency preparedness issues. PEP is a partnership of private businesses and the public sector service agencies. It is a public / private partnership comprised of individuals who come together for networking and sharing information in order to become better prepared to respond in an emergency while promoting business continuity and disaster recovery.
PEP maintains a goal to facilitate the exchange of information between the private and public sectors while promoting the importance for emergency planning and disaster recovery community-wide awareness.
Students in an approved collegiate program, who are interested in attending a PEP general session, are welcome at no charge. Students who would like additional information should contact a Board member.
- The protection of employees and assets;
- Maintain business continuity through mitigation, crisis management and recovery;
- Promote a broader understanding and awareness of the value for advance planning.
Ongoing Services and Benefits Provided:
- Meetings hosted free or at a nominal fee and topics are relevant to the organizations objective;
- Emergency preparedness information for member research and education;
- Provide quarterly newsletters;
- Opportunity to become involved by serving on a board position or other committee appointment;
- Conduct seminars, conferences and meetings to disseminate information about emergency, disaster and business continuity preparedness;
- Facilitate resources for member networking opportunities.
- PEP Membership is complimentary for current students in the following programs: Crisis & Disaster Management or Disaster & Emergency Management
Connect with Us - Click on one of the icons below.
Public Private Partnerships in the Heartland of America
Date: June 21, 2018, 8:30am-10:00am
Description: Public Private Partnerships (P3s) are a necessary foundation in which entire communities can build resilience capabilities upon. The session will discuss how P3s can operate across the full spectrum of emergency management, from preparedness to long-term community recovery, and will include real world examples how the region can benefit from P3 relationships.
Learn more and register here.
Board of Directors
No open positions at this time.
Related Sites |